Alumni Relations Manager - FundraisingCompany: Laguna College of Art + Design (LCAD)
Date Posted: May 2, 2017
Laguna College of Art + Design, is seeking a full-time experienced Alumni Relations Manager. The College is located in an internationally recognized arts colony in Laguna Beach, California and offers a diversity of majors in Animation, Graphic Design and Digital Media, Fine Art, Game Art, Illustration, Creative Writing and Entertainment Design.
Under the direction of the Director of College Advancement, the Alumni Relations Manager is primarily responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with the LCAD Alumni community. This includes but is not limited to identifying, cultivating, soliciting, securing, renewing and stewarding annual Alumni Association memberships, as well as coordinating and implementing all alumni special events and fundraisers. Additionally, the Alumni Relations Manager works with the Director of College Advancement in developing and achieving annual goals and plans. The Alumni Relations Manager provides administrative support to the Director of College Advancement as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates and coordinates the LCAD Alumni Association as a functioning and integral LCAD support group.
- In coordination with the Advancement team, helps establish the proper infrastructure for LCAD’s Alumni Association.
- Develops and manages alumni/alumni family activities to increase their active participation and support of the school.
- Assists the LCAD Alumni Association coordinate one (1) to two (2) annual alumni events and any alumni portion of school-wide events.
- Provides staff support for the LCAD Alumni Association, enlisting and training alumni volunteers in leadership roles. Develops and supports a functioning class representative system (for reunions and fundraising) from each graduating class in conjunction with Director of Student Services.
- Collaborates with the Development and Communications staff to develop and implement a proactive communication plan for alumni/alumni families.
- Coordinates the contact of alumni and alumni parents in person, by phone, mail, e-mail, or social media for news/updates and alumni activities, careers, families and achievements through LCAD Alumni Association.
- In coordination with Director of College Advancement, develops and effectively manages a plan to increase alumni giving to the school via the Alumni Fund (supporting the Annual Fund, Special/Capital Projects, Artists Scholars or Endowment Fund).
- Works with the Director of College Advancement to identify, cultivate and establish plans to solicit donors from the pool of alumni and alumni family members.
- Develops and implements a program that involves and orients current students as future alumni. Works with current students to build alumni fundraising support for the school (alumni telefunding, the Senior Gift, etc.).
- Serves as an effective LCAD ambassador to the alumni community.
- Provides administrative support to the Office of College Advancement as needed.
- Assists with annual fund direct mail appeals, including the support of material production, mailing logistics, and acknowledgments.
- Ensures that information about major gift and capital/endowment prospects identified among current and future alumni is passed on to the Director of College Advancement, so they may be targeted for appropriate cultivation and solicitation.
- Assists Associate Director of Development with donor recognition and acknowledgement process, including recognition and acknowledgement letters, as well as donation and charitable receipts.
- Assists Development in regular and accurate data entry into the Raiser’s Edge database.
- Responsible for developing further proficiency with Raiser’s Edge through all necessary means.
- Assists Development in preparation of data analysis reports.
- Assists Associate Director of Development with all Development special events.
- Collaborates with Associate Director of Development to produce the annual Color it Orange high school juried exhibition.
- Primarily responsible for all student volunteer management for alumni activities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Position Requirements, Experience and Education
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The successful candidate must possess a user-centered attitude and a desire to work in a team oriented environment that serves a diverse population.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years of Development and office experience preferred.
- Must be a self-motivated, focused, and proactive person with a positive attitude.
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with all levels of employees, Trustees, management, alumni, donors, faculty, students and community members.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong organizational and Microsoft Office skills.
- Experience in Raiser’s Edge database or other fundraising database software preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable form of transportation required.
- Must maintain an excellent driving record and required to participate in ongoing DMV driving record background check.
- Professional experience in higher education and/or non-profit industry is preferred.
Physical Essential Functions
Sitting, keyboarding, grasping, pulling, pushing, reaching, standing and moving from one place to another. This position takes place in an office environment, sitting at a desk and working in front of a computer. Occasional bending, stooping, and squatting and lifting up to 25 lbs.
Full time position; salary commensurate with experience. Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com.
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE!