Senior Associate Director of Major Gifts, CHOC Children's FoundationCompany: CHOC Children's Foundation
Date Posted: August 1, 2017
Organization: CHOC Children’s Foundation
Position Title: Senior Associate Director of Major Gifts
Location: Orange County California
Since 1964, CHOC Children’s has been steadfastly committed to providing the highest quality medical care to children. Affiliated with the University of California, Irvine, our regional pediatric healthcare network includes a state-of-the-art 279-bed main hospital facility in the City of Orange, and a hospital-within-a-hospital in Mission Viejo. CHOC also offers many primary and specialty care clinics, more than 100 additional programs and services, a pediatric residency program, and four centers of excellence – The CHOC Children’s Heart, Neuroscience, Orthopaedic and Hyundai Cancer Institutes.
To nurture, advance and protect the health and well being of children. That’s why at CHOC Children’s Hospital in Orange and CHOC Children’s at Mission Hospital, we are dedicated to working cooperatively—assisting and enriching existing services as well as developing programs to benefit the families of Orange County. Over two million children across four counties count on CHOC to be here when they need us most—regardless of their family’s ability to pay.
CHOC is the first hospital devoted exclusively to caring for children in Orange County. Since opening its doors, CHOC has led the way in many areas of pediatric health care.
Responsible for the identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors capable of giving gifts of $50,000 or more. Manage a portfolio of 100 + prospects and will be responsible for achieving an annual fundraising goal of $3M+ within a three year timeframe.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward major, leadership and transformational level gifts to achieve an annual fundraising goal of $3M+.
- Manage a portfolio of 100+ prospects/donors using a comprehensive moves management model. Responsible for 80+ face-to-face moves annually and promptly document all activity with donors/prospects using the Foundation’s database system.
- Develop and implement appropriate, personalized cultivation and solicitation strategies that are in-line with organizational objectives and match donor’s interests.
- Partner with Board Members, Physicians and other hospital and volunteer leaders to identify, educate, solicit and steward donors. Solicit estate and planned gifts in partnership with the Assistant Vice President and the Planned Giving Team.
- Implement and manage volunteer committees and ensure the successful recruitment of the highest level of community leaders.
- Plan and execute major gift events and receptions.
- Develop written proposals, presentation and Case for Support documents. Develop and execute personalized, meaningful and timely stewardship and activities.
Reporting Relationship: Reporting directly to the Assistant Vice President, Individual Giving
Education A bachelor’s degree.
Experience A proven track record of 5 or more years of successful fundraising at the major gifts level.
Knowledge Superior time-management, organizational, communication skills in both written and spoken word, strong interpersonal skills, and outstanding organizational abilities.
Abilities Self-starter comfortable in engaging major gifts prospects.
Works well with volunteers and volunteer-lead support groups.
Confident calling on high net worth individuals.
Committed to making introductory calls, and have demonstrated success in working both independently and as a team member to create and implement fundraising strategies at the major gifts level.
Ability to gain expert knowledge in specific area of responsibility and communicate in lay terms.
Highest integrity and a sense of personal/professional ethics.
A passion for children's healthcare.
For more information about CHOC Children’s Foundation: www.choc.org
Send cover letter and résumé to (electronic résumés preferred):
Netzel Grigsby Associates, inc.
Attention Yvette Herrera
6167 Bristol Parkway, Suite 125
Culver City, CA 90230