Development CoordinatorCompany: SeniorServ
Date Posted: August 4, 2017
Position Title: Development Coordinator
Employment Classification: Full-time Hourly; Non-Exempt
Reports To: Vice President of Advancement
Compensation: $19 - $21 hourly based on experience
Position Summary: The Development Associate works closely with the Vice President of Advancement and Development team to assist in fundraising to maximize contributions by identifying new donors and implementing new cultivation and stewardship strategies for growing the base of supporters to meet increased revenue goals that support the organization’s strategic initiatives. The Development Coordinator is at times, a visible role and must demonstrate professionalism, enthusiasm, and a clear knowledge of SeniorServ’s mission and program.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Assist in the implementation of a comprehensive plan for donor cultivation and stewardship
- Responsible for phone calls, touch points, coordination of tours and off site presentations
- Write introductory, thank you, follow-up, acknowledgement letters and other documents as needed
- Maintain a base of SeniorServ Supper Club (monthly giving) donor relationships
- Research and cultivate new donor prospects
- Assist in coordination of all fundraising strategies, outreach, events and activities
- Ensure donor database is accurate and up to date in order to produce routine reports used to assist in donor cultivation and solicitation
- Help to develop and implement e-newsletters, online fundraising and social media campaigns
- Assist the department in ensuring that each board member fulfills their individual engagement plan; including organizing thank you calls/notes, meetings with donors, site visits, follow-up etc.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the organization’s brand and marketing materials, ensuring all vehicles of communication are updated and consistent
- Attend weekly department meetings and as needed, board committee meetings
- Accept responsibility for other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 2-3 years of experience with non-profit organizations preferred
- Advanced PC skills – proficient in MS Office Suite, desktop publishing and mail merges; Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Constant Contact/Mail Chimp, and DonorPerfect experience preferred
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in both team and self-directed situations
- Ability to maintain positive personal relationships with a wide variety of individuals and in a range of demanding situations and to respect the confidentiality of donor and client files
- Possess a valid California driver's license and proof of automobile insurance
- Pass a background check
- Understanding of and passion for SeniorServ’s vision and mission
- Exemplifies SeniorServ’s organizational values of compassion, integrity, respect, excellence, communication, and innovation
- A self-starter who displays flexibility, responsibility, and a sense of humor
- Enjoys working directly with donors, seniors, volunteers, community partners, etc.
Physical Job Requirements:
- Constantly remains in a stationary position and occasionally traverses locations.
- Constantly operates equipment, computers, or tools.
- Constantly extends body, arms or hands as needed to perform essential duties and responsibilities.
- Occasionally ascends/descends and positions self as needed to complete essential duties and responsibilities.
- Constantly speaks, communicates, interprets or exchanges information accurately.
- Constantly perceives objects over moderate or long distances, with or without accommodation.
- Occasionally moves, transports, and positions objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
SeniorServ is an Equal Opportunity Employer