Development ManagerCompany: Thomas House Family Shelter
Date Posted: March 9, 2018
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee at least two major events each year.
- Assist with additional cultivation events/activities on-site at the shelter as needed.
- Develop and manage event budgets in collaboration with Executive Director and event committees.
- Represent Thomas House at community events, mixers and other activities.
- Maintain a high level of communication and relationships with all Thomas House staff.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time; supports the organization’s goals and values.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety to themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
- Build event committees and serve as primary organization contact for event committee chairs.
- Ensure all event logistics and timelines are in order.
- Recruit and coordinate event volunteers.
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit potential corporate partners for event sponsorship as well as ongoing support of the organization.
- Assist with identifying “We Are Thomas House” Community Sponsors.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must be a strategic thinker/problem solver who is capable of multi-tasking and functioning in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence, and speak clearly to customers and employees.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Working knowledge of Adobe Software, including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator is desirable.
- Intermediate math skills; calculate interest and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Ability to work with general supervision while performing duties.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR LICENSES:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher is preferred.
- A minimum of three years’ experience with special events to include volunteer engagement.
- Demonstrated success in fund development.
- A track record of securing philanthropic support from corporations in Orange County, CA.
- Broad knowledge of the Orange County, CA business and philanthropic community.
- Experience with fund development software and database management is preferred.
- Must present a valid CA driver’s license, and evidence of vehicle insurance and good DMV driving record.
- Must pass full background check clearance from the FBI and the State of California.
Submit Resume and Cover Letter to: email@example.com