Advancement AssociateCompany: SAGE HILL SCHOOL
Date Posted: March 19, 2018
All interested candidates should apply through the School's website at: https://www.sagehillschool.org/page/about/employment where a detailed job description can be found.
ADVANCEMENT ASSOCIATE OPENING AT SAGE HILL SCHOOL
This is a non-exempt, fulltime, benefits-eligible position.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assists the ADAFAE (Associate Director, Annual Fund and Alumni Engagement) in tracking deadlines for department projects and events using the project management system.
- Assists the ADAFAE in maintaining the department's budget, processing check requests, handling credit card receipts and liaising with the Business Office.
- Opens mail and prepares checks for deposit to the Business Office.
- Learns and understands the donor management system, Raiser's Edge, and pulls reports, queries and exports in the system as needed.
- Prints and mails donor acknowledgment letters daily and pledge reminders quarterly.
- Implements projects to improve the integrity of constituent information, particularly alumni.
- Assists the ADAFAE in posting updates and news on social media and Sage Hill Connect.
- Creates agendas and takes notes for department meetings.
- Accepts, tracks and records auction item donations for the annual benefit, Spring Celebration.
- Handles reservations, responds to incoming calls and maintains up-to-date guest and attendance lists for events.
- Assists in coordinating mailing of invitations, response cards and other enclosures.
- Creates nametags, place cards and other event related items.
- Staffs all Advancement events and assists in the setup for each event as needed.
- Provides break relief for the receptionist.
- Assists in other projects as assigned by the ADAFAE, President and Associate Director Events & Capital Campaigns.
Supervisory responsibilities: None
- BA or BS degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of strong administrative experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in special events, fund-raising or public relations preferred but not required.
- Raiser's Edge database experience preferred, but not required.
- Be available to work occasional evenings and weekends in support of school events and programs.
- Outstanding system skills including data entry, database management, word processing, spreadsheets, and reports.
- Flexibility to interact with a range of constituents (alumni, parents, faculty, and students) while maintaining professional demeanor and decorum.
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Superb communication skills (oral and written).
- High level of initiative, proven ability to work independently, good time-management skills, ability to work within tight deadlines with a can-do, will-do attitude.