Development Director – Part-timeCompany: Tichenor Clinic
Date Posted: April 3, 2018
About Tichenor Clinic for Children:
Tichenor Clinic is a leader in providing rehabilitative services to children. The clinic is one of the oldest nonprofit community clinics in Long Beach. The mission of the clinic is to provide children with chronic orthopedic disabilities, rehabilitative and enrichment services regardless of their ability to pay.
Annually, Tichenor Clinic provides services to approximately 800 children and their families with almost 14,000 therapy visits. Tichenor Clinic has successfully grown its programs and services by achieving meaningful outcomes for children and their families and by collaborating with local agencies and other service providers. At the present time, the demand for services far exceeds the resources that are available to provide them.
The Director of Development is a new role, responsible for planning, organizing and implementing all of Tichenor Clinic’s fundraising initiatives. The Director of Development works closely with the Executive Director, the Fundraising Committee and the Board of Directors in all development and fundraising endeavors. This position will play a crucial role in planning and implementing a comprehensive annual fund program with the goal of broadening the donor base, increasing the average size of donations and increasing donor retention. This position is part-time employment, approximately 20 hours per week.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work with fundraising committee and Board to develop a fundraising plan.
- Retain current donors and expand donor base.
- Analyze the effectiveness of various fundraising methods and messages; adapt future appeals accordingly.
- Develop and manage expense budget for annual fund program.
- Maintain an understanding of fundraising issues and how they may affect and provide fundraising opportunities.
- Develop and implement a fundraising and outreach program that makes effective use of the Executive Director and the Board of Directors; including scheduling, preparing for and attending meetings with potential donors.
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
- Build the planned giving program, with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies.
- Coordinate fund raising special events.
- Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements or arrange for Executive Director to share information about the agency with the community.
- Excellent organizational, managerial and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Self-starter and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Complete deliverables in established timeframes while maintaining flexibility.
- Proficiency at intermediate level with fundraising software and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Minimum Requirements/Work Experience:
A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent; MA preferred. Five-plus years’ experience in the fund development field with a nonprofit organization.
How to Apply
Send a cover letter explaining why you want to work for Tichenor Clinic and your resume to
Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please do not contact the organization directly about this position.