Development CoordinatorCompany: YMCA of Orange County
Date Posted: August 11, 2017
Be part of our Cause The YMCA of Orange County staff are committed to teaching youth positive life skills, values and the importance of giving back. In our communities, our staff support and strengthen families by offering quality experiences that are affordable and life enriching. Our staff encourage participation by all members of our community and create an environment where everyone aspires to be their best. Each day, we work side-by-side with others to strengthen the foundations of our communities. Description The YMCA of Orange County has an immediate need for a Development Coordinator.
GENERAL PURPOSE: Under the supervision of the Associate Development Director, the Development Coordinator will provide administrative, logistical, and development support to the YMCA of Orange County Advancement Department.
• Assist with grant research, writing, and reporting
• Upkeep and maintenance of data and calendar tracking
• Assist with Stewardship and Recognition of Donors
• Lead administrator for Grant Management Software
• Upkeep and maintenance of Donor Database Administration
• Assist with Stewardship/Recognition of Donors
• Organizing the data tracking and general reporting of the campaign
• Online Giving Software Administration
• Event Software Administration
• Assist with special events coordination, including: event logistics, vendor coordination, volunteer management, and registration processes
• Grant writing software administration
• Research potential new grant opportunities and funding sources
• Manage Proposals in Process (PIPs) grants management and calendar tracking
• Update research findings on community needs benefits to communicate grant case for support
• Prepare final grant submissions, mailing, and records
• Manage Department Mailings
• Assist with Major Donor Newsletter
• Administrator to all Advancement Software platforms
• Other duties as assigned
The following are the minimum qualifications, which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The following are the minimum qualifications, which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties & responsibilities of this position. Please note that the minimum qualifications may vary based upon the department size and/or geographic location.
Education & Certifications: Bachelor’s degree, BA, MA, MS or MPH or equivalent combination of education, training and experience from which comparable skills can be acquired.
Experience & Background: 2 years of Administration experience and 2 years of grant writing or copy writing experience preferred, supplemented by experience as an employee or volunteer for a not-for-profit institution.
• Proficient in writing and developing narratives
• Proficient in MS Office and Web Research
• Ability to analyze and synthesis data from multiple sources and present the resulting information in a clear summary
• Adept in prioritizing competing, time sensitive projects and deadlines
• Proficiency in donor database, online giving, and event systems preferred
• A passion for non-profit development and the mission the YMCA
• Experience and passion for building donor relationships and ‘making the ask’ for gifts
The YMCA of Orange County offers excellent benefits as part of our compensation package. Programs such as medical and dental insurance options are available for full-time staff. Program discounts, retirement, and complimentary use of YMCA facilities are offered to all employees.
$18-22 per hour.
Learn more about opportunities at the Y
*Eligibility requirements, employee handbook and job description to be provided at hire. All candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.