Development Associate, Human OptionsCompany: Human Options
Date Posted: September 19, 2017
The Development Associate will be responsible for all gift entry and donor acknowledgements, using the donor database (Rasier’s Edge) daily to track donor information, pull queries and reports, and reconcile with Finance to ensure proper accounting of all donations. It is a fast paced position that requires a keen eye to detail, demonstrated success in problem solving, and an intermediate proficiency with excel and databases. The Associate will conduct prospect research, assist with major events and fundraising campaigns, and interact with donors, board members and volunteers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities : include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Responsible for gift entry and acknowledgement process, ensuring all data is entered accurately and in accordance with IRS guidelines
· Create gift batches and reports for finance and ensure gifts are reconciled accurately
· Responsible for gratitude process, coordinating with key leadership to ensure donors are thanked through letters, notes and phone calls
· Create gift reports, queries, exports, and reports for mailing lists, email blasts, donor recognition listings, grant submissions and weekly/monthly development reports
· Ensure the integrity of the database, including clean-up tasks, data enhancement services, and quality control checks
· Serves as primary contact for database when team members require assistance, which includes providing ongoing database trainings to the executive team & key leadership
· Work in partnership with Fund Development Manager to build a comprehensive system to identify, qualify and track donors and donor prospects
· Create new campaigns, appeals, and events in database and create event registration and donor forms for the website
· Responsible for providing support to two large annual events (luncheon and gala), including maintaining excel tracking sheet for expenses and guest information/income, and assisting with event mailings (save the dates, invitation, sponsorship)
· Act as a relief person for general administrative duties including answering the phones, greeting and directing visitors and clients, accepting and allocating donations and maintaining office machinery.
· Abide by professional confidentiality guidelines by only sharing client information within the organization when it meets the need of the client.
· Demonstrate ability to abide by Human Options’ values: Show dignity, respect, honesty, integrity, a commitment to excellence and maintain a supportive environment.
- BA degree preferred. Some college-level coursework in business, marketing, or a related field required.
- 3 years of fund development experience and knowledge required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience using a CRM or donor database software, preferred experience with Raiser’s Edge and Raiser’s Edge NXT
- Knowledge of gift types and basic understanding of IRS charitable giving guidelines
· Demonstrated success in using logic and problem solving to troubleshoot software complications
· Intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Power Point
· Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and stay organized
· Detail oriented with demonstrated ability to produce accurate work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills and database management proficiency
· Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-directed and highly motivated
- Ability to attend occasional evening and weekend events and work overtime, as required.
- Awareness of the confidentiality of our work
- A team player
How to Apply: Please copy and paste link