Development ManagerCompany: JDRF
Date Posted: December 6, 2017
The Development Manager role is a great opportunity to join a strong Chapter team and work closely with the Executive Director, regional and national teams and an outstanding group of volunteers to increase the reach and impact of the Chapter.
The Development Manager will have leadership oversight for the Chapter’s One Walk, with great focus on retaining and building the family team component. In addition, this position is the Chapter’s Outreach lead, building community, capacity and relationships, primarily with newly/newer diagnosed families. The Development Manager will manage, evaluate, and expand the One Walk and Outreach efforts while building and strengthening links to potential and existing volunteers and donors to help grow the Chapter’s reach and revenue through increased corporate, individual, volunteer, and other community involvement. He or she will organize and coordinate appropriate events, gatherings, meetings, etc. - in conjunction with building and engaging volunteer committees, to expand fundraising and non-fundraising programs.
Additional Responsibilities Detail:
- Serve as a key staff member in implementing the strategic direction and purpose of the Chapter. Collaborate with an outstanding team of local staff as well as national/regional staff resources to ensure the Chapter’s growth and success, discuss best practices, and share new ideas
- Serve as the Chapter lead for our Nationally directed and supported community development Outreach efforts expressed through, but not limited to; T1D Connections / Outreach Volunteers, Bag of Hope, T1D Care Kits, T1D Toolkits, Type One Nation Event(s), Online Diabetes Support Team, and Healthcare Provider linkages
- Help develop and implement strategies for chapter fundraising activities to sustain continued growth, maximize penetration of core market areas and create opportunities for expansion.
- Support JDRF's Government Relations/Advocacy efforts at the Chapter level
- Network with the diabetes professional healthcare community and diabetes pharmaceutical sales representatives to leverage relationships and broaden the market penetration of the JDRF Outreach Program
- Identify, build, and steward relationships with community, civic, social and corporate leaders as an integral part of volunteer and donor prospect development and engagement in JDRF One Walk and Outreach activities.
- Work with chapter Executive Director and Chapter staff to identify, solicit, recruit and develop volunteers for leadership and support roles for implementing both One Walk and Outreach programs
- Manage and continually develop assigned volunteer committees providing leadership, cultivation, acknowledgement, material support, and assistance in building and implementing committee plans.
- Work in conjunction with the ED and Chapter staff to ensure Outreach presence and impact at all desired events and gatherings
- Establish familiarity with all JDRF Outreach and related resources and publications
- Plan and coordinate Outreach events, meetings, agendas, and activities. Prepare Outreach presentations, materials, and reports
- Manage and oversee accurate recording of information in the CRM Database
- In partnership with the ED develop an annual plan for One Walk and Outreach including financial goals, objectives and calendar of activities
- Maintain accurate and complete financial records, and help ensure that the logistics and budget/timelines are met
- Utilize social media to increase visibility and promote programs and events
- Identify and cultivate potential new board members and make recommendations about volunteer leadership development opportunities to the Chapter Executive Director.
- Assist in identifying, cultivating and stewarding mid-level and major donors.
- Ensure personal accountability for meeting deadlines and responding to volunteers and other department requests.
- Maintain a basic understanding of JDRF’s mission and research priorites
- Represent the best interests, professionalism and integrity of JDRF in all activities and relationships through a unified message of JDRF’s mission and a commitment to organizational standards and leadership by personal example
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of proprietary information
- Perform all other responsibilities and projects as assigned by the Executive Director, which may include assistance with signature event efforts
- Four+ years of fundraising experience or relevant business/volunteer experience. CFRE a plus.
- Two+ years of community outreach experience, building relationships around a cause with specific desired objectives
- Knowledge of both special event and non-event fundraising activities (individual gifts, stewardship, etc.)
- Must be a self-starter while also being collaborative and an amazing team player
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to interface with all levels of staff and volunteers.
- Significant computer literacy.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience required.
- Ability to travel locally required. Occasional evening and weekend work required as needed.
If you’d like to join our team, please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to JDRF by clicking the job URL http://smrtr.io/VgZ_Iw