Vice President of DevelopmentCompany: Family Assistance Ministries
Date Posted: December 14, 2017
Position: Vice President of Development (Full Time, Exempt)
About Family Assistance Ministries (FAM): FAM is a faith-based charitable non-profit organization whose mission is to assist those in need in Orange County with resources for food, shelter, and personalized supportive counsel and aid, helping clients bridge the gap from dependency to self-sufficiency.
Job Description: The Vice President of Development works closely with the Executive Director in setting the strategic direction of the organization’s fund development efforts, evaluating appropriate ways to build and secure financial resources and partnerships to support FAM’s mission, institutional goals and priorities. The Vice President of Development will have leadership responsibilities directing fundraising activities, development plans including major/individual gifts, planned giving, corporate and foundation giving. Additional responsibilities include strengthening the number and quality of internal and external relationships with funders, partners, and other constituents, identifying potential funders, leading solicitations and steward proposals and relationships with funders.
Job Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Fund Raising
- Major Gift/Donor Support
- Planned Giving Program
- Database Records Management
- Development & Communications
- Financial Reporting
Job Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Public Relations or other related field, or equivalent experience required.
- 5+ years of increased responsibility in implementing and managing fundraising activities.
- Significant experience in initiating and stewarding major grants/gifts; coordination of events; the ability to interface with a diverse donor base; along with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including Board members, staff, volunteers, donors, and external partners.
- Ability to motivate others.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and computer literacy are a must.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem solving with strong decision-making capability, long and short term planning, and the ability to work effectively with diverse group of people.
- Highly resourceful team player with the ability to also be effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential matters and information with discretion.
- Demonstrated ability to be adaptable to various competing demands, including achieving goals and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient with Mac desktops and in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media Web platforms. 2 years database management experience in Donor Pro or equivalent software a plus.
If you have the skills and experience we are looking for we would love to hear from you.
To Apply: Please email a cover letter describing why you are a good fit for this position, along with your resume, to Noelle Leland, Executive Assistant – email@example.com with “Vice President of Development” in the subject line. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in our opportunity; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
FAM is an equal opportunity employer.