Development ManagerCompany: Project Access
Date Posted: January 10, 2018
Project Access provides on-site health, education, and employment services 14,000 children, families, and seniors living in low-income neighborhoods. Our goal is to give families the tools needed to break the cycle of poverty by becoming healthier, further educated, and financially stable. Project Access works with affordable housing developers/owners in a partial fee-for-service relationship to bring free services to residents within the housing community. This partial financial commitment and in-kind donation of space allows Project Access to bring additional resources together to develop comprehensive programs at our Resource Centers and offer a variety of programs and services to address individual and community needs. To learn more about Project Access, please visit https://www.project-access.org.
As the Development Manager, you are responsible for creating, implementing, and executing the marketing plan and fundraising events to meet organizational needs and goals. The marketing plan addresses branding (public relations), advertising, events, on-line marketing (website/social media), direct mail, and networking and promotions. Includes overseeing the creation of all collateral materials, website and online content, indirect promotions, special events, volunteer management, market research and database segmentation.
This is a full-time, exempt position. Project Access provides a generous benefits package and pay 100% of the employee’s medical plan, dental, vision, life insurance and EAP premiums; provides Paid Time Off and 12 paid Holidays, and a 401(k) plan with 4% match.
TO APPLY: please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Development” in the subject line.
Collateral: update, develop and maintain collateral materials for print, electronic, and on-line media to include, but not limited to:
- Brochures; annual reports (including the owner-specific reports) and distribution to appropriate donors and partners; newsletters; e-newsletters & e-blasts that provide updates on the organization’s accomplishments, large donations and testimonials, and promote future events and opportunities for involvement to current and prospective donors.
- Fundraising campaigns (Scholarships, Annual Campaign, Back to School, Spread the Joy, etc.).
- Toy/Supply Drives packets/info sheets
- Manage logistics of campaigns (Annual, Back to School, School Supply Drive, Spread the Joy,) i.e. eblasts.
- Add new and maintain existing signage at each Project Access Resource Center.
- Select and order promotional items for general use and specific event usage throughout the year to support the brand image.
- Create sponsorship packets and other materials for all special events in order for appropriate solicitations by team and volunteers.
- Create messaging for fundraising/friendraising event listings in charity event calendars throughout California and in new territories.
- Develop materials needed to support the Planned Giving Program and Volunteer Program.
- Ensure the marketing materials position the brand for high visibility with current and potential donors, partners, and clients.
- Update donor wall annually (or as needed).
Events: Plan all aspects of the organization fundraising events, including contacting sponsors and vendors to support the event and soliciting volunteers to help with the event preparation and implementation.
- Create sponsorship/solicitation packets and invitations.
- Manage merging and mailing of sponsorship/solicitation packets
- Track event attendees
- Holiday party for the Board of Directors
New Technologies (Website, Social Media, etc.)
- Oversight of website content insuring that information is dynamic, current and draws donors to the site.
- Manage the growth of social media and all on-line aspects of marketing to achieve the established goals including the number of page views, donations, and the page ranking and number of links.
- Investigate and implement new technologies for marketing/branding, where appropriate.
- Secure sponsorships, corporate sponsors and solicit attendees for all events.
- Cultivate relationships with prospects met in course of event planning as applicable (i.e. tour potential prospects, existing donors and funders).
- Provide follow up support for all campaigns and events (thank you’s, etc.) where appropriate.
- Plan indirect promotion opportunities (i.e. Pub crawl) and manage relationships (such as grocery chains and restaurants).
- Target new potential donors (and increase brand awareness) by coordinating and executing speaking engagements with local networking, service and other organizations.
- Secure panel speaking opportunities at affordable housing conferences for the CEO & President.
- Seek opportunities and man information booth at various conferences, fairs and events.
- Responsible for relevant budget lines.
- Conduct industry and competitive research on market share and keep the executive staff apprised of competitive status or changes.
- Keep an ongoing dashboard of metrics updated regularly. Employ analytics to evaluate all marketing initiatives for ROI. Monitor all donor information in database and present statistical analysis on regular basis.
- Oversee event vendor, graphic designer and special event auctioneer. Indirect oversight of social media manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in marketing, communications, and or/related filed
- Minimum of 3 years of demonstrated success in planning and implementing events for non-profit organizations
- Proven organizational and project management skills, and the ability to offer creative and innovative marketing and communications solutions
- Self-motivated, results oriented leader, adept at planning, prioritizing, organizing and follow through
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate skill level with Excel; proficiency in MS Office, Outlook, Email, and Internet
- Valid CA Driver’s License and current automobile insurance
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Equal Opportunity: Project Access, Inc. is an at-will and equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel in a manner that does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve and National Guard status or any other status or characteristic protected by law.