Annual Fund ManagerCompany: Harbor Day School
Date Posted: January 16, 2018
Annual Fund Manager
Harbor Day School is a co-educational private independent k-8 school established in 1952. It is the first independent school in Orange County and provides an academically challenging, well-balanced education in a nurturing, family-centered environment. Our traditional, yet innovative, curriculum develops eager, confident learners who think creatively and work collaboratively. Developing self-reliance, building strong moral character, and encouraging social responsibility are hallmarks of a Harbor Day education.
The Annual Fund Manager is a full-time position supporting Harbor Day School’s short and long-term development strategy through the management of our Annual Fund efforts. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate knowledge of annual fundraising best practices and take ownership of the annual fundraising program, provide strategic leadership in the areas of annual giving and have a history of securing gifts across a wide range of gift levels. Reporting to the Director of Development and collaborating with the Development team, the Annual Fund Manager is tasked with driving the annual fund initiatives while supporting donor cultivation, recognition, and stewardship of all Harbor Day School donor constituents.
- Manage Harbor Day School’s $700k+ annual fundraising efforts using direct mail, e-mail, online and peer-to-peer fundraising campaigns.
- Create and execute an annual fund strategic plan to frame each year’s initiatives, materials, goals and story-telling.
- Collaborate extensively on the creation of recognition materials, e.g. the Annual Report, along with other materials as needs arise
- Provide guidance, information, and education to the annual fund volunteer committee and Parent Council, illustrating fundraising best practices.
- Develop and support thoughtful and integrated donor stewardship activities within the framework of the overall team objectives.
- Identify major gift prospects from the annual fund and work with the development team to develop individual cultivation strategies
- Monitor and provide metrics to benchmark progress for annual fundraising within the overall development program
- Act as a first point of contact for internal and external queries regarding any aspect of our Annual Fund, responding independently and providing advice where required
- Ensure that acknowledgment letters are produced accurately and in a timely manner in collaboration with the Database Manager; provide gift notices, and regular reporting on Annual Fund status.
- Coordinate with the Special Events Manager and alumni relations consultant to streamline a donor-centric approach to annual activities and volunteer management
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge highly preferred, other CRM software considered.
- Whipple Hill/Blackbaud experience a plus; education software required.
- Experience in the non-profit sector required; education industry, specifically independent school experience, highly preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively, with strong interpersonal skills and customer service orientation, contributing to a positive work environment.
- Experience creating messaging and marketing content across multiple channels to drive successful appeals.
- The ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and stay organized.
- Bachelor’s degree in arts/non-profit administration, business or related field.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in non-profit development and at least one year directly managing annual fundraising
Interested applicants should direct submissions to Director of Development Olivia Baumgartner at email@example.com with the subject line: ‘Last Name – Annual Fund Manager’, accompanied by a cover letter and current resume. Applications will be considered for an immediate hire on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Harbor Day School does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender, national or ethnic origin, or sexual orientation.