Development Coordinator, Epilepsy Support Network of Orange CountyCompany: Epilepsy Support Network of Orange County
Date Posted: January 30, 2018
JOB TITLE: Development Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
CLASSIFICATION: Part-Time, 25 hrs/pr week with growth potential to full time
The Epilepsy Support Network of Orange County is committed to building a community of support to improve the lives of those affected by epilepsy. The Development Coordinator will manage fundraising activities and build relationships to secure funding for ESNOC’s mission.
If you are a high-energy, organized, detailed person who is a team player, who enjoys working in a fun and meaningful environment, as well as looking to grow in your career, ESNOC may be the place for you!
SCOPE of WORK:
- Manage fundraising events for ESNOC including the annual walk and third party fundraisers
- Create annual charitable campaign letter
- Develop and cultivate Corporate and Individual donors through relationship building
- Manage donor database, research fundraising software
- Coordinate donor recognition activities
- Serve as an articulate, passionate, professional and visible spokesperson for the organization, among stakeholders, and in the Orange County, non-profit community
- Promote fundraisers through social media
- Target new potential donors (and increase brand awareness) by coordinating and executing speaking engagements with local networking, service and other organizations.
- Work closely with graphic artist on fundraising materials to maintain/advance brand recognition
- Meet fundraising goals established to help fund existing and new programs
- Seek out and recruit third party fundraising opportunities
- Collaborate on the creation of fundraising budgets and adhere to budget
- Generate monthly, quarterly and annual fundraising reports.
- Understand all ESNOC programs developing an eye for funding opportunities
- Help create strategic fundraising plan for organization
- Attend fundraising and committee meetings, events and presentations
- Other duties as required
- Minimum, Associate’s degree, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years experience in a nonprofit fundraising environment
- Experience working with the public and compassion for families facing chronic illness
- Experience with public speaking, group moderation and serving on committees
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Necessary to be Successful in this Position:
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a commitment to and passion for ESNOC’s mission and vision
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, Data Base Programs, Social Media, AV Set-up and presentations
- Language skills: Ability to write routine correspondence, e-mail and promotional materials.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as well as independently. Effectively handle multiple projects on various timelines
- Demonstrated ability to represent the ESNOC in a professional and ethical manner.
- Demonstrated public speaking skills and comfort in front of large groups
- Ability to build relationships with all stakeholders; donors, board members, members, medical professionals, collaborators, etc..
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs., set up/ break down displays, bend, transport materials and climb stairs.
- Stand for long periods during special events
Work Schedule: Mon-Fri, flexible, occasional evenings and weekends, 2nd Friday evening of each month required.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and insurance.
- As with all ESNOC employees, the candidate must meet the background-screening requirements.
Please submit Resume with a cover letter to:
no calls please