Gift OfficerCompany: Vanguard University of Southern California
Date Posted: February 13, 2018
POSITION SUMMARY: The Gift Officer is responsible for identifying, cultivating and soliciting alumni, parents and friends of the University for gifts to fund identified campaign and/or institutional priorities. This individual will report directly to Senior Director of Development.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit prospects; recommend and implement cultivation and solicitation strategies of individual prospects, working with administration, faculty and volunteers as appropriate; meet with prospects and volunteers, traveling as necessary.
- Engage prospects in mentorship programs
- Introduce prospects to University leadership when appropriate
- Direct research requests and provide information on University alumni, parents, and friends to qualify interest and giving potential.
- Ensure information and activity with donors is recorded in Raiser’s Edge.
- Maintain knowledge of current tax laws, investments and planned giving opportunities; use knowledge in prospect cultivation and solicitation as appropriate.
- Recruit and work closely with volunteers and volunteer organizations; suggest changes to strengthen membership of existing volunteer boards or organizations.
- Assist with planning and/or directing cultivation events or programs.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Identify risks to the organization within the department and discuss risk reduction options with immediate supervisor.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Work requires communications, analytical and organizational skills generally acquired through completion of a bachelor’s degree program.
- Work requires two years of sales experience or fundraising experience in a related organization.
- Commitment to working cooperatively with the Advancement teams.
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and acceptance of principles and philosophies of Vanguard University.
- Vanguard Alum Preferred
SALARY: Full-time position. Salary is commensurate with education and experience and includes a generous benefits package.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applicant should submit a completed VUSC Application for Staff Employment and current resume. The application form can be downloaded from the web at https://www.vanguard.edu/resources/human-resources/employment-opportunities. All applications/resumes/materials must be submitted electronically via e-mail to: RESUME@vanguard.edu . We are located at: Vanguard University of Southern California, 55 Fair Drive, Costa Mesa, CA 92626. Applications will be received until position is filled or until a sufficient number of applications are received. Vanguard University will conduct a background check on the final candidate.
VANGUARD UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA is a private, co-educational, comprehensive University of liberal arts and professional studies that believes its evangelical Christian community in the Pentecostal tradition offers a unique opportunity for academic achievement. Vanguard University embodies a Christ-centered, multicultural community serving approximately 2,200 students. Vanguard values and encourages qualified applicants who are diverse in gender, generation, ethnicity, race and/or ability, and seeks staff that will interact with the Vanguard community in a way that reflects a commitment to cultural proficiency. Where permitted by law and in relation to the school’s heritage and mission, Vanguard does exercise religious preference throughout the University.