Development ManagerCompany: Vanguard University of Southern California
Date Posted: February 13, 2018
POSITION SUMMARY: The Development Manager is responsible for the planning, coordination, implementation and management of a comprehensive annual giving and stewardship program. This position will report to the Senior Director of Development.
- Develop and lead a comprehensive annual appeal program, including strategies to incorporate alumni groups, e-campaigns, giving societies, focus on new donors, and increasing average gift amounts.
- Serve as an active prospect identifier, targeting prospects for personal visits and moving annual donors through the donor pyramid into the next giving level. Make creative connections between and among people, events, programs, and their associated circles.
- Manage the annual giving program to achieve yearly goals.
- Oversee direct mail solicitations with emphasis on raising general operating dollars.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate telemarketing solicitations.
- Develop and implement annual solicitation strategies, written marketing materials, and cultivation events.
- Provide leadership to annual giving volunteers and student workers through recruitment, training, supervision, and evaluation.
- Lead strategy for comprehensive donor stewardship program.
- Lead in creating donor recognition programs.
- Assist in identifying planned giving prospects.
- Assist with concepts, messages, and communication for fundraising events.
- Develop strategies to build community through social media.
- Identify risks to the organization within the department and discuss risk reduction options with immediate supervisor.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Minimum B.A. degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Progressive Fund Development experience with emphasis in the area of annual giving.
- Experience in a university environment and Fundraising certification preferred.
- Show proven success in growing unrestricted support through prospect identification, upper-level giving programs, cultivation events, and direct mail marketing.
- Experience with budgeting, campaign management, and database management.
- Be able to set goals and meet deadlines.
- Must be team-oriented, able to demonstrate exceptional communication abilities, both orally and in writing, be able to multi-task, and work with multiple audiences both externally and internally.
- Requires detailed record keeping skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of relevant office practices and procedures and the ability to master new procedures.
- Knowledge and acceptance of principles and philosophies of Vanguard University, its programs and requirements.
SALARY: Full-time position. Salary is commensurate with education and experience and includes a generous benefits package.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applicant should submit a completed VUSC Application for Staff Employment and current resume. The application form can be downloaded from the web at https://www.vanguard.edu/resources/human-resources/employment-opportunities. All applications/resumes/materials must be submitted electronically via e-mail to: RESUME@vanguard.edu . We are located at: Vanguard University of Southern California, 55 Fair Drive, Costa Mesa, CA 92626. Applications will be received until position is filled or until a sufficient number of applications are received. Vanguard University will conduct a background check on the final candidate.
VANGUARD UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA is a private, co-educational, comprehensive University of liberal arts and professional studies that believes its evangelical Christian community in the Pentecostal tradition offers a unique opportunity for academic achievement. Vanguard University embodies a Christ-centered, multicultural community serving approximately 2,200 students. Vanguard values and encourages qualified applicants who are diverse in gender, generation, ethnicity, race and/or ability, and seeks staff that will interact with the Vanguard community in a way that reflects a commitment to cultural proficiency. Where permitted by law and in relation to the school’s heritage and mission, Vanguard does exercise religious preference throughout the University.