DIRECTOR OF MINISTRY ADVANCEMENTCompany: Living Waters Publications
Date Posted: February 19, 2018
Director of Ministry Advancement
REPORTS TO Living Waters President, Emeal (“E.Z.”) Zwayne
LOCATION Bellflower, California
JOB PURPOSE Living Waters is seeking an experienced leader to oversee the planning, development, and execution of its Development initiatives. The Director of Ministry Advancement’s primary responsibility is to assist Living Waters in fulfilling its vision: to inspire and equip Christians to fulfill the Great Commission. This will be accomplished through cultivating, developing, and nurturing relationships with current and potential major donors.
RESPONSIBILITIES The overall objectives for the Director of Ministry Advancement will be to:
• Manage relationships with current and potential major donors to secure financial support for the work of the ministry. This includes donor research, ongoing and personalized communications, direct asks for support, and follow-through on communicating the ongoing results due to the donor’s support partnership.
• Coordinate the overall major donor development efforts for yearly operating budget goals for the various programs and initiatives of the ministry.
• Manage donor database and reporting system to ensure effective and complete reporting to the executive team and Board of Directors.
• Assist in developing, strategizing, and coordinating the implementation of annual and special capital campaigns from start to finish.
• Create regular rhythms of interaction with all the Living Waters partners to resource and stimulate evangelism.
• Continue cultivating capacity systems and processes that enable Living Waters to grow and diversify our reach.
• Publicly represent and promote Living Waters periodically by attending and, where appropriate, speaking at key events.
• Continue professional development through networks, publications, and seminars. Skills and Experience
• Ability to articulate effectively, credibly, and passionately the story, vision, and mission of Living Waters and the needs of the ministry
• Ability to cultivate a stewardship culture where partners are inspired and led to give through the prompting of the Holy Spirit
• Experience in the process by which Christ-centered relationships are developed within business settings
Critical Personal Qualities
• Is a committed and mature Christian
• Has a genuine commitment to biblical evangelism
• Can articulate a rationale for biblical evangelism
• Can articulate the gospel in an evangelistic setting
• Can work wholeheartedly, generously, and open-handedly, holding beliefs in line with the Living Waters Statement of Faith
• Possesses an impeccable, humble character and an exceptionally high level of honesty and integrity
• Has a professional demeanor and excellent written and oral communication
• Is a self-starter and proactive
• Works well under shifting environments
• Sustains a positive attitude
• Is highly capable of accurately and objectively evaluating the effectiveness and outcomes of strategies, programs, and activities and making appropriate adjustments
• Models an organized and disciplined life, setting high standards supported by practical routines
• Is willing and able to take direction
• Has a proven track record at increasing revenue
• Is interpersonally effective, able to engage and influence people of different backgrounds and constituencies, including leaders and people of influence and affluence
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• Direct Donor Development experience
• Experience working for a Christian, non-profit ministry preferred
• General departmental management experience preferred
Terms and Conditions
• This is a permanent position, subject to a short probationary period.
• We offer a generous and competitive salary with attractive benefits.
• All interested individuals must send their current résumé with either salary requirements or salary history to Ron Love at email@example.com.
• No phone calls, please. Résumés without either salary requirements or salary history will not be considered.