Benefits of Being an AFPOC Member
The Benefits of Becoming an AFP-Orange County Member
How it Works
As a member of the AFP-Orange County, California Chapter, you are joining the world’s largest association of fundraising professionals, with more than 200 chapter members locally and 30,000 members in 235 chapters worldwide.
Our members include presidents, CEOs and executive directors of nonprofit organizations, heads of fundraising operations, foundation and corporate-giving executives, development officers, grant writers, consultants, board members and other volunteer leaders, and a range of other
fundraising-related professionals and students – all working to advance philanthropy through education, training, mentoring, research, credentialing and advocacy.
As an AFP-Orange County member, you will receive the considerable benefits of AFP international membership (visit www.afpnet.org for details), along with the added educational programs, networking and career opportunities, and other benefits offered through our chapter.
When you join the AFP-Orange County Chapter, you can start making the most of your benefits right away!
AFP-Orange County membership benefits include:
• Monthly luncheon meetings (discounted to members, open to everyone), educational programs and networking opportunities featuring leading experts and practitioners
• FREE monthly webinars on fundraising strategies and practices
• Leadership, career development and mentoring programs
• Professional development and chapter involvement opportunities
• AFP-OC membership roster for networking purposes
• Annual scholarship opportunities to attend the AFP International Conference
• Awards and recognition opportunities as part of our annual National Philanthropy Day celebration in November
• Discounted rate to advertise job openings (emailed to all chapter members and posted on the website)
• Communications about chapter programs, services and activities, including access to the chapter website, online calendar and job listings at www.afpoc.org
Visit the website for more information on these and other chapter benefits and offerings.
There are many ways to get involved in AFP-Orange County, including:
• Attend the monthly chapter meetings/luncheons
o Held at William Lyon Center for Scouting, 1211 East Dyer Road, Santa Ana, CA 92705; meeting dates are listed on the chapter website
o Each meeting includes a 10:30 a.m. interactive Advancing Fund Development on an educational topic, followed by a noon luncheon session with a featured speaker
o Cost is $39 for members/$49 non-members if registered by noon on the Friday before the event (includes both the “fundamentals” and luncheon sessions)
• Participate in one or more AFP-Orange County Chapter Committees
• Take full advantage of your other chapter benefits; visit www.afpoc.org to learn more
Chapter benefits are provided free of charge or at a nominal fee to cover costs. To learn more about becoming an AFP-Orange County Chapter member, visit www.afpoc.org, email email@example.com, or call 949-436-2939. Join now and start making the most of your membership!